April 30, 2007

Day 8 on the Spot Tour--on the road

Sunday. One last great cup of coffee in Spencer (Shaky Tree opened just for us. Wow. That is so nice!) and we are on the road to Marshalltown. Conversation on the way made the time fly. We missed seeing the Pocahontas statue again. I guess we took a different route.

We pulled into Marshalltown and left David and Daniel off at their motel with all their gear and headed home to Iowa City. Two thoughts. One, I was so happy to be home and it made me think about D&D being gone from home for much longer. And two, we felt a little funny just leaving them there, like we were abandoning friends. But of course Marshalltown is taking good care and we are heading up there each day to experience our third community on the Spot tour. Daniel said he took a long walk out on the edge of town and experienced one of our Iowa sunsets. Something for him to take home, perhaps.

We got back to Spring/Summer and things were gorgeous in Iowa City. I had time before dark to get in my first skate along the river. The path in Iowa City along the Iowa River is so gorgeous and great access to the outdoors. Hancher to Napoleon Park is my usual route. David said he lives on the Hudson River in Nyack. My guess is that Daniel isn't far from the East River in Brooklyn but I don't know for sure. Perry on the Racoon. Spencer on the Little Sioux. Marshalltown on the Iowa. Hmmm.

I listened to some Brazilian music while I skated and it made me think to Spot 4 and Cyro Baptista. Next year will be great too. And then I was thinking about all the things... Well, that will wait. This stream of consciousness thing is making these entries longer than I intended.

Ron

No comments: